Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is the largest baked-goods company in the US
with a leading position in bread, buns, sweet baked goods and cakes. The
premium portfolio includes brands such as ARNOLD®, BIMBO®, BOBOLI®,
BROWNBERRY®, ENTENMANN’S®, FRANCISCO®, FREIHOFER’S®, MARINELA®, MRS BAIRD’S®,
OROWEAT®, STROEHMANN®, THOMAS’® and TIA ROSA®.
BBU employs more than 23,000 associates, operates over 60 plants
coast-to-coast and distributes its products through more than 12,000 routes.
BBU is a subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the largest baking company in the world. As the market leader, Grupo Bimbo has over 170 manufacturing facilities strategically located in 22 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Its main product lines include sliced bread, buns, cookies, snack cakes, prepackaged foods, tortillas, salted snacks and confectionery products, among others. Grupo Bimbo produces over 7,000 products and has one of the most extensive direct distribution networks in the world, with 50,300 routes and more than 130,000 employees. Grupo Bimbo’s shares have traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1980 under the ticker symbol BIMBO.
The Manufacturing Transformation Production Supervisor will spend two rotations working with the manufacturing transformation team at selected bakeries. During transformation responsibilities include providing guidance to resolve particular operations issues or implement projects, the consistent collaboration with the Manufacturing Transformation team during the preparation, diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment.
At the end of the transformation rotation. the Production Supervisor will be responsible for assisting with the activities of the Production Department and monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. Position also provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of the line employees in the production department.
Position has responsibility to ensure and maintain a food safe environment through compliance with all requirements in Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Quality, Workplace Safety, Integrated Process Management (IPM), Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA), Environmental Standards and polices/programs as may be required by Plant, Company, Local, State and/or Federal mandates or programs.
· Results Achiever
· Change Leadership
· People Oriented Leadership
· Learning and Adapting Best Practices
· Lives By and Promotes Values
· Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
· Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
· Coordinates, maintains and monitors production processes and procedures.
· Manages the production process (time, temperature, procedures).
· Supervises, trains and coaches hourly lead and production associates.
· Implements Company and plant procedures and policies.
· Demonstrates a clear understanding of IPM, the link to Quality and the need to manage based on facts and data.
· Coordinates workflow with all other departments as well as equipment repair with maintenance.
· Executes, maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, orders completion and personnel and/or labor related issues.
· May conduct in-house audits/checks and quality control checks.
· Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
· Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
· Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
· A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
· Two or more years of hands-on supervisory experience and direct manufacturing experience with a consumer baked goods company. The experience through the manufacturing transformation team will provide the supervisory experience for the Production Supervisor position.
· Demonstrated acquired knowledge of bakery operations/processing/formulations and bakery equipment.
· Demonstrated Knowledge of safety related issues including compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations
· The ability to analyze data using the IPM System and to develop intra-department teams to establish goals and make decisions for the bakery
· The ability to help all teams throughout the bakery to achieve their goals
· Excellent communication skills in a labor environment, if applicable
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment
- Must be willing to submit to a background screening and post offer drug test.
- Availability for traveling/relocation including two separate 16 weeks rotation at assigned bakery. Ability to relocate to home bakery within the business unit after completion of rotations.
- Hard working and entrepreneurial
- Ability to connect with people across hierarchies and develop strong relationships
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to analyze data, multi task and problem solve in a fast paced challenging environment.
- The ability to help the transformation team throughout the bakery to achieve the goals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including off shifts and weekends.