Join our innovative team as the Microbiologist. Utilize your microbiology research expertise to contribute to the application development projects in Corbion’s meat and poultry business. Provide technical assistance to customers, liaison with universities, and collaborate with internal staff.
MISSION AND KEY ROLE FOCUS
- Perform microbiological application research & development activities (lab & desk/literature) both for new and existing applications in the area of meat and other food application
- Manage the Microbiology BSL-2 lab; complete day to day activities necessary to maintain and prepare media, maintain cell cultures, and place orders to restock inventory.
- Lead projects to support sales of ingredients and support value propositions by developing microbiological research data in the lab.
- Work with existing customers to provide technical support in the use of our ingredients including various predictive microbiology tools.
- Work on innovation projects with central RDA team and provide practical microbiological application research support in the lab as well as deliver scientific contribution.
- Provide new or improved skills and know-how in relevant technologies within antimicrobial and functional ingredients for meat.
- Direct work with external labs and contractors for the purposes of antimicrobial product research focused on microbiological testing as requested by customers or for internal needs.
- Assist the other scientists in the lab with their experiments as needed.
- Works with RDA (incl Gorinchem Team), Sales and Industry team to deliver the strategy targets for Meat NAM.
- Coordinate the application work in multidisciplinary and cross-functional project teams, either as (technical) project lead, or as application work stream lead. This includes ideation, reviewing and identifying new projects, developing and executing the technical plans, collecting and analyzing data, communicating results and project status, generating reports, making presentations, and/or publishing papers and/or patents.
- Contributes (with subject matter experts in technology and application teams and from external party/network) to the quality of the RDA input in Meat NAM related projects, and provide technical insights as well as insights in industry status (technology trends, science/knowledge).
- Collaborates with customers in (joint) product/application development projects and provides product application support incl troubleshooting, problem solving, technical assistance.
- Brings in and translates scientific knowledge to projects and to the business.
- Manage the Micro BSL-2 lab, completes day to day activities necessary to maintain the equipment, lab safety, training material, and placing orders to restock inventory.
- May need to travel overnight 10-20%.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- MS or higher (Microbiology, Food Microbiology or related Major) preferred. Bachelors is required.
- 1 to 5 years of R&D (technical, product application development) experience in meat/food science. A track record of successful meat/food science related research and publications are strongly preferred.
- Experience of managing BSL- 2 microbiologist lab is preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant lab experience.
- 1-5 years of research and development experience in meat and/or food processing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, proactive and able to manage your own time effectively.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (CUSTOMER AND STAKEHOLDERS)
- Team member of RDA Meat team
- Industry lead Meat NAM, Sales, Business Development, Technical Services
- Capable to develop and maintain relationships with other Corbion functions and locations (RDA, OPS, Sales, Marketing, Business, Product management, etc.)
- Capable to develop and maintain relationships with R&D leaders and teams at key customers and technology partners to build innovation pipeline and support sales success.
- Is equal entry at customers, suppliers, technical institutions and academia
With Sales, Business and RDA manages and executes application/innovation pipeline with new and existing customers for Meat NAM to develop new value propositions for meat NAM
- Leads application stream within project teams to develop new products, applications and services
- Capability to perform, lead and execute projects in a matrix organization.
- The microbiologist will be participating in the innovation program and projects e) as a project member to deliver the objectives of the Corbion Food Strategy.
- This would require excellent working knowledge of innovation processes.
- Management of operational and safety risks of BSL-2 microbiology lab.
At Corbion, we look for employees who can:
SET CLEAR DIRECTION: Explain clearly where we are heading, why and how we will get there.
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: Deliver results and quality while managing change.
FOCUS ON CUSTOMERS: Consistently meet the expectations of internal and external customers.
DELIVER THROUGH TEAMWORK: Engage, motivate, challenge and support employees and teams.
Corbion offers a competitive benefit and compensation program, including: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, 401K savings plan and more.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives and lactides, and a leading company in functional blends containing enzymes, emulsifiers, minerals and vitamins. The company delivers high performance bio based products made from renewable resources and applied in global markets such as bakery, meat, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, home and personal care, packaging, automotive, coatings and resins. Its products have a differentiating functionality in all kinds of consumer products worldwide. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture. You can find more information about Corbion at www.corbion.com
Additional information/how to apply For more information, please contact Recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested to join us? Please click on the button below and apply online
Apply here online by attaching your CV and Cover letter
We will not respond to recruitment agency contact