Quality Control Intern - Multiple Locations (Summer 2022)
Roles available in the following locations:
- Bedford Park, IL
- Belcamp, MD
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Indianapolis, IN
- North Kansas City, MO
Ingredion is seeking a motivated student to join as a Quality Control Intern for summer 2022. In this position, you will be responsible for completing several small Quality Control projects for our team. You will be responsible for performing analytical tests independently and accurately to support operations in a safe and timely fashion. You will also apply concepts learned in physical science related classes to actual manufacturing of food ingredients.
As the Quality Control Intern, your responsibilities may include the following:
- Testing samples are to be gathered and tested within the expected time frame and stored as required
- Managing complete, accurate, and legible test records, in accordance with Company policy and record keeping procedure
- Providing support by maintaining a communication log and transferring information to lab personnel to continue supporting operations needs to meet customer requirements
- Attending team meetings and attending monthly safety meetings with the responsibility for personal and team safety
- Understanding use of process technologies in food manufacturing
- Identifying and supporting continuous improvement initiatives by offering new ideas and thinking creatively
- Managing quality standards to ensure compliance in production
- Supporting production and quality teams on the investigations for customer related issues
- Identifying growth and cost savings projects to give directly to the productivity and costs associated with manufacturing
- Producing and giving effective presentations
- Following all safety and quality guidelines according to Good Laboratory Practices and lab safety requirements to ensure a clean workspace
- Performing other work as assigned by laboratory management
The Quality Control Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Have the ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment
- Are analytical, a critical thinker, have problem-solving skills and are dedicated and innovative with a strong will to succeed
- Have multi-tasking skills and can manage time while keeping a high level of integrity and authenticity
- Are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and are able to work as a team member with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or other science related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- An assertive, creative, ambitious, and positive thinking mindset
- Ability to tackle problems, identify improvement opportunities, implement action plans and follow-up to ensure results
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with working in a lab environment preferred
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.