Commercial Innovation Intern, Plant Based Proteins (Summer 2022) - Bridgewater, NJ
Ingredion's Commercial Innovation Acceleration team is seeking an intern to help progress applications for our plant-based protein portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for developing innovative and exciting prototypes that will be used to promote our plant-based protein solutions to customers. You will closely collaborate with various internal functions to accomplish project objectives – making the ability to work on a diverse team and an interest in consumer trends crucial to success in this role. You will also be responsible for taking lab-scale concepts and scaling them up in our food pilot plant to produce high quality prototypes that can be utilized by our Go-To-Market team.
As a Commercial Innovation Acceleration Intern – Plant Protein, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing work packages, working both independently and reciprocally, to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Analyzing and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, ServSafe and safety
- Working with Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives
- Presenting prototypes, project status, updates and outcomes to team and partners
- Making presentations, writing technical reports, and using digital tools (e.g.: creation of video demos or other digital content)
The Commercial Innovation Acceleration Intern – Plant Protein position is well suited for you if you:
- Have a passion for plant-based ingredients and product development
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment
- Have proven ability to work independently and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Can demonstrate the capacity to tackle problems through creative, innovative solutions
- Can challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks by being a creative problem-solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Food Science with interest or experience formulating with plant-based proteins
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.