Winegrowing Data Analyst Research Internship 2022
WINEGROWING RESEARCH: INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Help build and deliver reports and applications that enhance and accelerate R & D! Our Winegrowing Research Data Analytics team is looking for great talent (like you) to fill a data analyst harvest (July – December) internship position.
You will support critical harvest efforts as well as complete and present a project to our Winegrowing Leadership team. The projects that you will work on will be determined by business need along with your skills and interest. Develop your data analytics skills through working on our diverse project portfolio with cross-functional groups such as Viticulture, Chemistry, Enology, Micro and Systems Biology, and Winemaking.
Gallo's corporate offices are in Modesto, California, in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. Modesto enjoys sunshine more than three quarters of the year. It’s the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. Visit the beautiful San Francisco bay area or play outdoors in the Sierra Nevadas and Yosemite National Park.
- Understand and document inputs and outputs of data to support continuous development.
- Excited about driving insights and telling a story about data by developing compelling dashboards.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather report/application requirements and feedback.
- Mining data to identify patterns for predictive insights.
- Model structured and unstructured data to participate in the development of machine learning and other advanced analytical models.
- High school diploma or State-issued Equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards OR have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Informatics, Marketing Research, Applied/Quantitative Psychology or School of Engineering.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Capable of working with data in Python, VBA and SQL.
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Informatics, Marketing Research, Applied/Quantitative Psychology or School of Engineering.
- Previous experience in natural sciences, fermentation, viticulture, or winemaking.
- Knowledge or experience working with BI Tools, like Tableau.
- Excellent organizational and team skills and experience managing multiple assignments.
- Previous experience working in a collaborative environment.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.