Intern, Flavor Applications - Taste Modulation (Summer 2022) - Bridgewater, NJ
Ingredion is hiring a Flavor Applications -Taste Modulation Intern to support the execution of project work focused on the use of flavors with modifying property(FMP) ingredients in cross category applications. In this role, you will lead defined projects that involve conducting experiments in the laboratory to understand ingredient performance in finished products. This will provide you with the chance to create experiments, learn and apply formulation skills, characterize products and interpret results in a professional team environment. We believe that this internship will help you learn how to apply the skills from class to a laboratory setting.
As a Flavor Applications – Taste Modulation Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a focused project, working both independently and reciprocally, to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Organizing, summarizing, and reporting data generated from experiments in a timely fashion
- Analyzing and understanding data, results and scientific literature to advance projects
- Working collaboratively with technical service and applications teams to gain feedback on ingredients
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment; following guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs and safety
- Presenting project status, updates and outcomes to the larger team and key partners
The Flavor Applications – Taste Modulation Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Enjoy hands-on food product and food ingredient development in a laboratory setting
- Exhibit proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to self-motivate
- Demonstrate creative problem solving ability with a focus on the results
- Can set, prioritize, and execute experimental goals and plans to deliver against agreed deadlines
- Have a strong attention to detail and desire improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment
- Have an eagerness to learn about rapidly growing and changing taste modulation ingredient landscape commonly applied in the food & flavor industry
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Food Science or related discipline with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40 hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Proven experience in development of food ingredients is preferred along with ease using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment
- Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis and results interpretation
- Excellent social, verbal and written technical communication skills
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from facility for work each day.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.